Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for All Registered Users
When you register for a Student or Tutor account on Tutor Index, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The information you provide during the sign-up process and all edits you make to your account after you register are accurate.
- When you register for a Student or Tutor account on Tutor Index, you are required to provide an email address. You understand that Tutor Index will send emails to this address for various reasons. Tutor Index understands how important it is to protect your personal information. We will not share your email address with third parties.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain a parent’s or guardian’s permission before registering for a Student or Tutor account.
Terms and Conditions for Student Accounts
In addition to the terms and conditions for all registered users, individuals who register for student accounts also acknowledge the following:
- Individual tutors and tutor companies that advertise on the website are not screened by Tutor Index. Tutor Index does not verify the accuracy of the information tutors provide about themselves on the website. Anyone who uses Tutor Index to find a tutor is responsible for making sure the tutor they choose has the appropriate experience and qualifications and for verifying references and conducting background checks as appropriate.
- Registered users can ask tutors to contact them directly and get help for individual assignments by posting them to the Tutor Index Forum. Using the Tutor Index Forum for any other purpose is prohibited.
- Tutor Index reserves the right to cancel your account at any time.
Terms and Conditions for Tutor Accounts
In addition to the terms and conditions for all registered users, individuals who register for a Tutor Account also acknowledge the following:
- As a tutor who is advertising on Tutor Index, you must follow all instructions for submitting Directory Listings and Panel Advertisements.
- Tutor Index must approve your Directory Listing or Panel Advertisements before it will be posted live on the website.
- Tutor Index does not permit the display of any sexual, drug related, illegal or gambling content on the website.
- Your Directory Listing or Panel Advertisement may be edited by Tutor Index for any reason before it is posted to the website.
- Tutor Index has the right to reject Directory Listings and Panel Advertisements for any reason. If your ad is rejected, it will not be posted on the website.
- If your Directory Listing or Panel Advertisement is not approved, Tutor Index will issue you a full refund.
- After your advertisement is approved and posted on the website, Tutor Index will not issue a refund.
- When you create your Directory Listing or Panel Advertisement, you must choose to be billed every six months or every year. At the end of this time, your advertisement will automatically be renewed. If you want to cancel your ad, you must do so before the scheduled renewal date. After your listing is renewed, Tutor Index will not issue a refund.
- You do not have to sign a contract when you advertise with Tutor Index. You can cancel your advertisement at any time. To discontinue your ad, contact Tutor Index by phone or email to let them know you do not want to renew your advertisement at the end of the current billing cycle.
- You will not be billed for your advertisement after it has been cancelled.